Historic Atkins-Porter Neighborhood Association and Paris Board of Public Utilities present Christmas Lighting Festival – 2020
HO! HO! HO! Spread some Christmas cheer and love during this fourth annual event! Here’s the info.
Who can enter?
· Anyone who owns or rents a home in the Historic Atkins-Porter Neighborhood (HAPNA) boundaries: Tyson Avenue to Veterans Drive/S. Market Street to East Wood Street.
· Entry is FREE, no entry forms to fill out.
· All decorated homes within the neighborhood boundaries will be considered.
· HAPNA board members/officers are not eligible to win. What are the categories? Trophies awarded to best-decorated FRONT exteriors:
1. Best Decorated Porch
2. Best Decorated Yard
3. Best Decorated House
4. Best Religious Decorations
5. Clark Griswold Award
6. Most Appealing Street
7. Judges’ Favorite
What are the dates?
· Saturday, December 12 – Judging takes place after 6 pm from the street. Trophies awarded Sunday evening.
· December 13 – Winning addresses announced to local media, on FB and NextDoor.com.
· The public is invited to view our festive, lighted neighborhood from December 13 – January 1.
· LED lighting is encouraged but not mandatory.
· If leaving town during the holidays, consider putting lights on a timer or asking a friend to turn on your lights each evening.
· Questions – Text Susan Jones at 731-693-2696 or call and leave a message.
· Register for the Chamber’s Light Up Paris TN Christmas Light Tour at lightupparistn.com. Watch their social media pages for more info!